Wednesday, March 13, 2013

All Things Change

In July of 2010, I launched The Art of Education in hopes that my ideas, thoughts, and insights would be of use to someone with an interest in education and educational leadership.  What I did not realize at the time was that the one person who would benefit most from this blog was me.

As I write this, I am reflecting on how much I have grown in the past few years.  Not only the upkeep here on The Art of Education, but also:


Now, 500 published posts and over 100,000 visitors later, I find myself at a metaphorical fork in the road.  With the launching of THRIVAPY and preparing to begin a new chapter of my educational leadership career at a different school next year, I have some decisions to make about the future of The Art of Education.  These choices come from my decision to write more often on The Thrivapy Blog and use that space to share my ideas about student success and satisfaction.


The options I decided to choose from are:

  1. Stop writing posts entirely and delete The Art of Education.
  2. Commit to writing less frequently on The Art of Education.
  3. Use The Art of Education mostly to share links to articles I like from around the web.  Basically, I curate good stuff and pass it along on The Art of Education.
  4. Set up The Art of Education to automatically redirect/take viewers to The Thrivapy Blog.
I am not enchanted with option #1.  Frankly, I have invested too much into The Art of Education to simply let it go.  Maybe, I'll feel different later, but for now I am not ready to let it go.

Option #2 is more enchanting, but one thing I know about blogs is that if you do not keep them current, the audience leaves.  I care too much about helping and sharing to go to a random posting schedule.

I like #3 because it allows me to continue to post frequently, share good ideas, and allow me to spend more mental energy on THRIVAPY and The Thrivapy Blog.

Option #4 was, at first, attractive.  However, the more I think about it, the less I like it.  The Thrivapy Blog will certainly be useful to people who come to The Art of Education, but I do not want access to The Art of Education to be cut off.  I am also cognizant of how some people may find it aggravating to click a link to The Art of Education only to be taken to another site.

Therefore, I am going to try option #3 here at The Art of Education for a few weeks to see how it works.  I will still, from time to time, write original pieces here, but most of my writing will be published on The Thrivapy Blog.

I hope this change is useful to you, the reader, as I respect your time very much.  You are invited to join me by visiting and sharing The Thrivapy Blog with your friends and colleagues.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...