Friday, December 14, 2012

The Art of Education to "go dark" in remembrance of the victims at Sandy Hook Elementary

Apple Clipart Image: Apple Silhouette in Black and White
image found at http://www.pamsclipart.com/clipart_images/apple_silhouette_in_black_and_white_0515-0910-2901-1907.html


I was just beginning a leadership team meeting today when I was alerted to the news of the tragic events at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.

Simply put, I am shaken to my core and have been managing difficult emotions since that moment.

Educators all over the world share a special bond with each other and the students and families we serve.  Today, a great void was created in the community of schools.

I hope you join me in offering the most sincerest of condolences to everyone affected by this senseless act of violence.

It may not be much, but I am compelled to take some action to recognize the tragic events of December 14, 2012.  Therefore, my blog will "go dark" this weekend to honor the victims, families, and friends of Sandy Hook Elementary.  There will not be any new posts published this weekend, December 15-16, 2012.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...