- Five Suggestions For Establishing Student Ownership
- Met Your Minimum? Now What?
Hopefully, at some point the conversation with the student moves to a reflection on when to possibly adjust the minimum standard. In other words, "When do you raise your bar?"
Here are a few suggestions.
- If you are consistently meeting (or exceeding) your minimum, it is probably time to raise your bar.
- If meeting (or exceeding) your minimum requires little effort, it is a good idea to raise your bar.
- If meeting your minimum no linger satisfies your drive to do great work, raise your bar.
Of course, it is difficult to self-evaluate these matters. That is why having a regular check in meeting with a coach, mentor, guide, or....Thrivapist is very useful.