Thursday, September 20, 2012

My new book for educators and two requests

Recently, I updated you on my newest book-in-progress, Thrivapy.  While Thrivapy is marching along quite nicely, I also am excited to announce that another book-in-progress, Digging Deep: Nuggets of Wisdom for Educators, is close to being finished.

Digging Deep is a compilation of a few dozen thoughts, ideas, reflections, etc. gleaned from The Art of Education.  Frequent, and very loyal, visitors might recognize the content, but much has been updated and rearranged to enhance the flow of the book as opposed to shotgun style blog posts.

For newer visitors to The Art of Education, Digging Deep is a nice way to catch up on what I have been thinking about over the past few years.

So, for you my favorite blog readers, I have two requests.

1.  I need a cover for Digging Deep.  So, I would like to invite you to submit an ORIGINAL cover idea for consideration.  The winner will be notified via email and announced here at The Art of Education.  In return for being chosen, I will give you credit in the book for your submission and include, with your permission, a page in the book "About the Cover Artist" (or photographer, etc.).

In addition, everyone who submits a cover for consideration will be included in a special "Thank you" page AND will receive a FREE .pdf version of the final draft of Digging Deep.

Digging Deep will be published as a Kindle book, so there are specific cover requirements.

Here are the requirements for a cover submission:
  • a .jpg file
  • at least 1000 pixels on the longest side
  • ideal height/width ratio is 1.6 (i.e. 1000 x 1600)
  • Title of the book (Digging Deep: Nuggets of Wisdom for Educators)
  • Author's name (Troy P. Roddy, Ph.D.)
Email your submission to me at troy.roddy.phd@gmail.com with the subject, Digging Deep cover submission.

2.  I am looking for volunteers to pre-read Digging Deep.  Pre-readers will get an electronic version of Digging Deep and are asked to provide helpful feedback, including any copy errors, suggestions for improving the flow of content, and general comments on the value of the book.

The pre-reader version will, obviously, not be a final draft.

As with cover submissions, I am happy to include the names of any pre-readers in the "Thank you" section AND, once finalized, each pre-reader will receive a FREE .pdf version of the final version.

If you would like to be a pre-reader, please fill out this form.

The deadline for submitting a cover design and/or requesting to be a pre-reader is Monday, October 1, 2012.  I will not be able to accept for consideration late cover designs or requests to pre-read.

Thank you very much for your consideration and for sharing your time with me.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...