Thursday, September 27, 2012

A letter to visitors about leaving a comment on The Art of Education

Greetings visitors to The Art of Education,

I am honored that you have chosen to spend a few moments of your busy day here at The Art of Education.  Over the past few years, I have operated this blog with the intentional purpose of keeping comment writing, for you, open and free of my moderation.  It was my hope that by doing so, you may feel more welcomed to express your opinions and join me in conversation.  For many of you, that s exactly what has happened and I am a better blogger because of your input.

Unfortunately, over the past few weeks, I have been receiving spam-like comments left on my posts.  As such, I was left with a dilemma, should I moderate comments and risk loosing some of your feedback, or leave things as is and hope the spam-like comments do not drive you away.

I have decided that I care too much about the potential for you to accidentally become spammed by visiting that I have changed my settings to moderate all comments.  Therefore, before your comment appears I will receive an email and have the option to not post it.  Rest assured that my only intention is to prevent spam from finding its way into the comments on this blog; not to prevent you from contributing to the conversation.

I trust that you will understand and continue to visit often.  You may also take advantage of the SpeakPipe gadget on the right and leave me a voice message.

Thank you very much,

TPR
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...