Thursday, August 23, 2012

The 10 Standards of THRIVAPY: A glimpse into my new book.

Over the past year or so, I have been allowing the idea for my next book to emerge organically out of my writing, note taking, reading, and blogging.  The result is my most current work-in-progress, Thrivapy.

Thrivapy is, basically, a manifesto on finding more success and satisfaction with your work, art, responsibilities, etc.  It is shaping up to be my most ambitious book yet, but my goal is to have it ready and available before the end of 2012.

I am going to share more about Thrivapy is the coming weeks and months.  However, for you, I want to share the very first glimpse into Thrivapy.

The book is organized around the 10 Standards of Thrivapy.  Here they are.

  1. The standard of satisfaction is not perfection.
  2. You don't need to win them all.  Win more than you lose (and win the most important ones).
  3. Understand how goals work for you and how you work for goals.
  4. Find the joy.
  5. Opportunities are abundant.
  6. You always have choices.  However, they may not always be the choices you want.
  7. Do the best with the choices you have and work to create more of the choices you want.
  8. The best get better.
  9. To err is human, but so is to learn.
  10. Adopt an "Open House" philosophy (Friendly, Responsive, Interactive, Trustworthy, Reliable).  
Now that you have an idea about what Thrivapy is going to discuss, it is your turn.

I appreciate your comments, feedback, or suggestions.  If you have a story that fits into one of the standards above, I would love to hear or read it.  I may even ask if I can use it in the book.

Also, if you are so inclined, I would appreciate you spreading the word about Thrivapy and checking back often for more updates and insights.

Thank you very much for your support and attention.

For more about my other books, and me, feel free to visit my Amazon Author Central Page.  If you have already read one of my previous books, please consider leaving a comment or review.  

Suggestions and advice are always welcome.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...