Teachers are faced with a multitude of responsibilities. Some teachers, unfortunately, focus more on their "rest-ponsibilities." Here are 5 of each (in no particular order). When you finish reading them, take the quiz.
- Get to know your students' strengths and challenges
- Have a clear goal and plan for the lesson and for guiding your students
- Nurture an environment that encourages growth and risk taking
- Provide helpful feedback including suggestions for how to improve AND how you will help
- Make learning fun
- Concerned about when your "free period" falls in the schedule (if you even have one).
- Get to school early do get a parking spot that allows them to leave faster at the end of the day
- Use faculty work room (lounge) as a forum to complain about students
- Plan annual announcement on Facebook about how much you can't wait until the next holiday or summer vacation
- Consider solutions to be someone else's job (usually an administrator)
Now, try this quiz.
- Which do you spend more time thinking about?
- For which do you spend more time planning?
- Which do you look forward to the most?
- Which is more invigorating?
- Which is more rewarding?
- Which do you identify with the most as a teacher?
- With which would your colleagues identify you?
- With which would your students identify you?