Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Art of Education's "Dog Ear" Collection (as of June, 2012)

Every once in a while, I look back at the books I have read and reflect on their influence, usefulness, and "gravitational-like" power to get me to re-read chapters.  The ones that rise to levels of respect above all others become part of my personal "dog ear" collection (named after the fact that the ones I "dog ear" the most usually find their way onto the list).  I also include in this list any Kindle books that i have electronically "dog eared" with bookmarks or notes.

As an aside, I would be remiss to forget two titles that, though not dog eared (since I wrote them), I find useful and frequently refer to - my own two Ebooks:

Paying Attention: Thoughts on Communication in Schools


Foundations: Examining Vision, Beliefs, Mission, and Philosophy

For what it is worth, here is my "dog ear" collection (in no particular order).

Ignore them at your own risk.


Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? by Seth Godin

Poke the Box by Seth Godin

Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions by Guy Kawasaki

Succeed: How We Can Reach Our Goals by Heidi Grant Halvorson

The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles by Steven Pressfield

Turning Pro: Tap Your Inner Power and Create Your Life's Work by Steven Pressfield

Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink

Nine Things Successful People Do Differently by Heidi Grant Halvorson

Do the Work by Steven Pressfield

Ignore Everybody: and 39 Other Keys to Creativity by Hugh MacLeod

Evil Plans: Having Fun on the Road to World Domination by Hugh MacLeod

Freedom Is Blogging in Your Underwear by Hugh MacLeod

A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future by Daniel Pink


Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...