Monday, January 16, 2012

Students Do Not Like Generics

Picture found on http://maryandmatt.net/2011/06/
As I walk around schools, I notice that students really attach themselves to brands.  That is nothing new.  What is hard to find are students who love generics or knock-offs (also not new).  They want to feel special, not generic.
Of all the ways to identify themselves, where they go to school is among the most used.  Think about it.  When kids meet each other, one of the first questions you are likely to hear is, "Where do you go to school?"

Their school is part of their brand - and they want it to be special!

What is special about your school?

Do you recognize and celebrate, unashamedly, that quality?

Do you tell students how special they are for attending your school?

If so, how?  If not, why?

How do you show your appreciation for their being a part of and contributing to your school's special qualities?


Thank you for reading this post.  As with all my posts this month, I ask you to consider joining me to help support a worthy cause - St. Jude's Research Hospital.  Between now and the end of January, 2012, I will donate $1 US for every copy of either of my two eBooks purchased.  You can find additional information about this offer by clicking here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...