Today, I turn 40.
Despite some ego bruising for never making any "Top 40 Under 40" lists, I think I have navigated these past 40 years fairly well. I think it is natural to look back and reflect on life when you come up on a cultural milestone like turning 40, but I would rather take this opportunity to express what I feel as I turn "20 again."
- fortunate to have been raised by loving parents and among wonderful siblings.
- lucky that both of my parents are still around to talk to.
- blessed to have a beautiful and supportive family of my own.
- honored to have made so many good friends.
- excited to enter this phase of life - both personally and professionally.
- overwhelmed by the positive response to my writing and blogging.
- energized by the prospect of developing my ideas and seeking opportunities to contribute to the professional learning of other educators.
- tremendous satisfaction for the efforts of all the students I have taught over the years.