Either way, there are certain messages that should be communicated daily.
Whether you like to improvise or stick to the script, here are a few things that school administrators should say daily.
- Good morning.
- What are you learning (teaching) today?
- How is your day (week, semester, year, etc.) going?
- How can I help?
- How is (insert project, plan, new initiative, etc.) working?
- What do you want to do?
- What does that look like at this school (share your vision)?
- Is there a more effective and/or more efficient way to accomplish our mission?
- What have you done today to be a better student (teacher, administrator, etc.)?
- What have you done today to help someone else be a better student (teacher, administrator, etc.)?
- Keep up the great work.
- I appreciate all you do.
- I'm sorry.
- Thank you.
- I'll see you tomorrow.
Also, if you notice that you are asking some of the questions to yourself, it is NOT a sign that you are going crazy. Rather, you are simply reflecting on your own practice.
Feel free to add your own statements or questions by leaving a comment.