Monday, October 24, 2011

Sunday Rendezvous: Week of October 17 - 23, 2011

The Sunday Rendezvous is my weekly summary of posts I wrote as well as other items I bookmarked this week.

October 17 - 23, 2011

My posts

I wrote three posts this week.

The first, Commitment or Condition?, suggests that if you have conditions placed on whether or not you actually follow through on a plan, then you are likely not really committed to that plan.

In the second, I speak of a Difference Between Good and Bad Ideas.

Finally, I finished my three-part series on leading changes in schools by exploring how to Overcome Faith-Based Beliefs (note to readers:  I'm NOT referring to religious or spiritual beliefs).

Other items of interest

Independent School Management (ISM) produces some very good free .pdf documents.  It is worth giving a look through.

Student Assessment services has an interesting student survey that measures middle and upper school students' school readiness.

Nice blog post by UCEA about school leadership.

Daniel Pink reviewed a book on how to find great talent, The Rare Find: Spotting Exceptional Talent Before Anyone Else.  I'm putting this one on my reading list.

If you are not reading John Kotter's posts on Forbes.com, you should be.  It is always a nice read.  This one, invites you to take part in the Seize Your Big Opportunity contest.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...