Tomorrow, many of us will go back to our schools with varying degrees of enthusiasm and optimism. We have good days and bad ones. Often our day is shaped greatly by the first few experiences we have once we arrive.
So, here is a list of ways I hope our days begin in order to set a positive tone.
- A student smiles and wishes you, “Good morning.”
- A fellow teacher compliments you on a recent accomplishment.
- You get a, “Thank you” email from a parent of a child that you have been spending extra time helping.
- An administrator recognizes your efforts in the classroom.
- Your student government serves free pancakes in the dining hall.
While I wish any one of these for you, feel free to accept any combination of the above items for extra credit!