Consider these items from Condensation of the Fourteen Points for Management by W. Edwards Deming. How do they apply to schools? How do they apply to you as the leader in your school?
1. “Create constancy of purpose toward improvement of product…” (Pg 26)
2. “Institute training on the job.” (Pg. 27)
3. “The aim of supervision should be to help people and machines and gadgets to do a better job.” (Pg. 27)
4. “Break down barriers between departments.” (Pg. 27)
5. “Institute a vigorous program of education and self-improvement.” (Pg. 27)